Download the printable Experiment Sheet
2 Plastic Bottles
Potting Soil & Rocks
- Cut the tops off the two bottles.
- Fill one with rocks and then the soil. Add the plant.
- Add water to the soil
- Place the other bottle on top of the first and use the tape to connect them, creating a seal.
- Observe, over time, as water vapor condenses and collects on the inside of the top bottle
Questions to consider:
- How did the water get to the top of the bottle?
- How long did it take?
- How can we observe this in nature?