Mission 1 - Wayward Water! – Explore the Hydrosphere
- Teacher Support
After a smooth touchdown, we have landed next to Devon Tower, the tallest building in Oklahoma! This should be a great place to get a "birds eye view" of the sky and see if we can locate our nanodroplet.
Take a look at the scene. What do you see in this picture that involves water?
- What is the blue sky made up of? Does it contain water? What are those puffy things called?
- What do you observe about the clouds in the video? What do you think clouds are made of?
- The blue sky behind the clouds is clear. Is there water in the clear blue sky?
- What else do you see in this picture? How would the pioneers depicted in statues have used water? Would they have looked up in the sky and wondered about water?
- How do the people in the tall building experience water vs people on the ground?
Now that we have observed the scene, let's select some areas to investigate for clues on where our NanoDroplet has gone!!
Watch the video, and follow the investigation for clues. Let's study the skies and see if we can hone in on our nanodroplet.
Click on "Next Lesson" to complete the investigation in OKC.
The map below is provided to orient you on our journey. Feel free to click on, zoom in and investigate this area from above! How do you think water affects an urban area like downtown Oklahoma City?